Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A continuation from yesterday/early this morning

Hi again, everyone!

I was able to get a few hours sleep before the children decided they wanted to jump on me to wake me for fixing breakfast. For not having had but a few hours rest, I really don't feel all that bad. I'm looking forward to hopefully hitting the hay early tonight. As I write this, I am suddenly very thankful that my daily computer use is paying off in that I can type by knowing where the keys are, rather than seeing what I'm typing. My left contact has decided that after 18 months of daily service, it is done. Finished. The end. Goodbye. It stings something terrible when I try to put it on my eye, so unless I HAVE to drive somewhere, I don't have them in. I'm not completely blind without them, but my vision is pretty poor. How thankful I am also that I had just finished editing the REALLY important pics for work when it gave out. I won't be able to even think about getting new contacts or glasses until after Jake and/or I have been paid a bit more. There are several great deals going on at various eyewear places like 2 pair of glasses for $99 and such. The only problem with that is that I don't need 2 pair of glasses, I only need one and a set of contacts, which even at the sale price are $300 by themselves. So I'll just have to limp through. We don't have any vision insurance, so whatever it will be will come out of pocket. Oh, the joys and adventures of being an adult. Huzzah. I'm not concerned about it, however, because I know that God will provide exactly what I need when I need it. Between a client order being finished up here soon and Jake working 40 hours this week, I should be able to get what I need before August is out. Enough about all that; on to something else.

If you have the sound turned up on your computer, you'll notice that I updated and extended my playlist at the bottom of the blog. I thought it was amusing when our friend Harry Lehan from Leeds, England came to visit and we were discussing music. He asked what type of music I listen to and I said "Yes. Absolutely." because I really do love all types of music and ANY random combination of tracks can be found along side one another in my playlists at any given time. Kenny Chesney snuggles right on up to the opening titles of Pride and Prejudice, which is in turn after Mozart's Requiem Mass in C minor, the theme from Spiderman, and that awesome electric guitar riff that was played in the first Transformers movie when the 1970s Camero Bumblebee ejects Sam and Michaela out in the side of the tunnel, turns a U-ey and comes back as the new and completely fabulous 2009 Camero version. (The track is called "Battle Without Honor or Humanity", in case you are wondering, and was also featured- according to my husband- in the Kill Bill movies with Uma Thurmon. I don't know, I never saw them, but I believe him.) Anyway, if you are looking for variety in blog background music, I've got you covered. :)

There is so much that has been going on around here, I hardly know where to start in catching up to this month. In May, Charles turned 4 and we had a great birthday party for him. I don't have the pics up yet, or even posted on my facebook, because of being so busy and then the desktop crashed and our friend Jason at church is helping me recover them and clean up the PC so I can get to them again. I just haven't had time to edit and post them. The whole month of May got put in a "Temp to Edit" folder and wouldn't you know I didn't get a chance to burn it to CD before the stupid thing keeled over on me. But as I said, Jason (my computer HERO) is helping me fix all of that. Even without the pictures to prove it, Charles did turn 4 (!) and we had a great time. Many of our friends and family came over and we played games and grilled out hamburgers and hotdogs. It was awesome! The next day after his birthday party, our friend Christy got married and I did the photography for the wedding. It was fabulous and a great experience!

In June I celebrated a birthday but am not yet concerned with my age. I'm still not yet 30, so I figure I have absolutely nothing to protest as far as birthdays are concerned. I was spoiled silly by Jake's family who hosted a birthday dinner for me and we would have gone swimming had the water not been so cold. My mom gave me "Sense and Sensibility" on DVD and I have been enjoying that immensely. For those of you who have not read my prior blogs, there is a nice section somewhere in the middle of last year about my affection for all things Jane Austen (and British in general) if you are interested. One not so fun thing that happened in June was when my cat, Ashley, slipped out one Thursday while I was gone to dance at Soulstice. Gran didn't see him get out, so locked up as usual. As it happens, there are several strays that meander around our property and Ashley decided to defend his turf against one in a knock down, drag out squall. I knew nothing of this until 1 p.m. Friday afternoon when I found him meowing on the back porch to be let in. I didn't realize he'd been in a fight until 2 weeks later when the bites abscessed (one paw was swollen to 3 times its normal size!) and I had to make an emergency run to the vet to the tune of $80. They drained the wounds (NASTY!!!!! I've never smelled anything so foul in my entire life!!! The nurse and I were both gagging; it was awful!!), doped him up with a pain med shot, updated his rabies and FIV, etc, and sent him home with a weeks worth of antibiotics. What a mess. But he made a full recovery and at the time of this writing is back to his prime feline self- just as lazy, spoiled and arrogant as ever before. I think he's stretched out asleep on my bed right now with his belly flab hanging over the edge. It wouldn't surprise me.

Well, that's some of what's gone on, but I hear Emily waking up from her nap and had better end for now and get us a snack of some sort together. I didn't really have any lunch to speak of, so I'm ravenous!
Until later,
The Lord Bless You and Keep You

No comments:

Post a Comment