Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sad and Unexpected News

At around 5 o'clock yesterday, as I was getting Em and myself ready to go to Grandmother Ray's house (I had a counseling session), I was told by Grandmother that our cousin Amy's husband Lincoln died suddenly in an odd accident. I'm not going to post any details here, but it's still hard to wrap my head around the fact that Lincoln is gone. So sad. Especially right here at the holidays, too. :( I really feel for Meagan, their daughter. She's in college, which is around where I was when my dad died 11 years ago. So I know how it feels. She's in for a rough ride, unfortunately. I wish there was something I could do or say to help, but... I can't.

The funeral will likely be Friday or Saturday, in which case I won't be able to go because of my work schedule. In retail, a) you simply don't call in on Black Friday and say you can't work. It isn't done. And b) if you actually do "a", don't bother coming back to that job. Ever.

We're not particularly close with that family; they all live over in Conyers on the other side of Atlanta, and we only see them once a year at the family Christmas party. But they ARE family, and it is so hard to believe that Lincoln is gone from the rest of our future family Christmas gatherings.

My prayers of love and comfort go out for Amy and Meagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment