Friday, April 15, 2011

My Mattress Needs a Makeover

Well, not a makeover.  I'm just getting a new one.  The mattress I'm sleeping on is at least 25 years old.  It killed my back when we started using it, so we put a 4 inch foam piece on it until we could afford a different new mattress.  2 years later and my back is screaming at me that we have the money- go and get one before we spend it in chiropractor's bills!!!

Jake's finally home from the out of town job he had been doing for the last two months.  So this afternoon we went into town to start mattress shopping.  I felt like I should have curled my hair before we went, because I was just like Goldilocks trying them all and figuring which ones were too hard, too soft, or just right.

We were cut short when a huge storm system hit the area and we are now at home with it thundering and lightening and tornadoing.  I love storms.  In a different time of my life, I might have chosen to be a photographer for a storm chaser team.  But my common sense and wish to prolong my life won out.

We think we know which one we want, so we will go sometime tomorrow and pick it up.  I'll have to write my 'N' post early in the day tomorrow, though.  Because come 9 p.m., I'll be skipping ahead in the alphabet, to lots of Zzzzzzzzzz's.  :)

3 comments:

  1. You have a fun blog =)
    A unique M post, wish you luck finding your mattress.
    Happy M day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a new mattress to make you fall easily into the arms of Morpheus. Hope you find the one you want.


    Hello, fellow A-Z Challenger! Here's my latest entry. Come visit either of my blogs when you can and leave some comment love:

    M is for Mindmapping/Full View Outline

    http://www.mainstreamsolarcooking.com
    http://www.rockinchairreflections.com (A-Z)
    Twitter: @SolarChief

    ReplyDelete