Saturday, April 16, 2011

Nutella! NOM NOM NOM NOM!


If you like chocolate and have no allergies, yet have not tasted the goodness that is Nutella, you are a seriously deprived individual who has been living in the dark ages.

A texture that's not as thick as peanut butter and not as liquid as ketchup, this creamy, hazelnutty, sinfully decadent, yummy goodness was introduced to the US from Italy in 1983.  I've been addicted to it since 1996.  If I can't find a bread, roll, fruit, chip or cookie to put it on, I eat it from the jar with a spoon.  If my tongue were long enough, I'm sure I would skip using the spoon and just eat it out of the jar.  It wrecks havoc on my waistline, but I don't particularly care.

It's manufactured by the same marvelous individuals who make this other chocolate goodness:

That's filled with... Nutella.

I can't really even write an adequate blog post about it, because you just have to try it to know what I'm talking about.

It's in the peanut butter/jelly aisle of the grocery store.  Go and get some.

Now.

I have found one error in my local grocery store, however.  I found this photo in a Google search of a random grocery aisle.  How come mine doesn't look like this???  I want that GALLON JAR!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap that's a heck of a lot of Nutella!! And it wouldn't last more than a month, lol. Nutella is possibly the best thing on this planet! I was introduced to it my freshman year of college by my senior roommate (who I thought was a little nuts, but in an awesome way). Been hooked since!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ferrero Rocher - the stand-by present I receive from my son for every celebration, whether it's Christmas or ny birthday or whatever.

    However, I only tried Nutella once, a long time ago and I hated it - maybe it was off? I had no idea it was the same as in FR - perhaps I shall have to go out and buy some ore and try again....

    (.... oh dear, that could spell trouble later with getting into my jeans......!)

    SueH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue- It's made with hazelnuts, so the oils tend to separate if left for too long. Maybe that batch had gone off. If you try it again, be sure you mix it up with a knife or spoon first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I FREAKING LOVEEE NUTELLA <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete