Saturday, April 30, 2011

Zebra Finches

And so we come to the very last post of the A-Z April Challenge.

Some weeks ago, I had already set out Z for our Zebra Finches.  Victoria and Albert are the initial pair, and now we have 4 chicks!  They are about 6 weeks old now, and I'm beginning to look for new homes for them.  Their coloring hasn't quite come through, so it's rather difficult to sex them, but I *think* there are 3 males and a female.

They are so pleasant to wake up to with their chirping and fluttering.  They LOVE to take baths and if I don't keep the saucer fresh daily (I try to, but it's sometimes every other day) then they jump into the water dish to get wet.  Supposed to drink that water, not bathe in it!  Silly birds. :)

Here are a few pictures of my birdie babies.  Love them all, but looking forward to giving Victoria and Albert their own space back soon. :)


Everybody.  Victoria is to the far left and Albert is on the right in front of the nest (orange cheeks).


4 chicks

7 comments:

  1. Thats clever a Z planned from the beginning that increased in number !

    RJRdaydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, they are so cute! How cool that they had chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to tweet your last post =)
    happy zday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine used to have these - seemed a bit more exotic than our budgie, at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I had never heard of zebra finches before today. Thanks for sharing, and it's a pleasure to meet you via the A-Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, we did it! Congratulations! I have an award for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Elizabeth! Congratulations to you!!

    ReplyDelete