Thursday, May 5, 2011

4th of May Cafe


Ok, yes, I realize that yesterday was actually the 4th of May (any Star Wars fans out there, "May the 4th be with you.") and today is Cinco de Mayo (way to whoop the French in mid 19th C, Mexico!), but yesterday was Poetry Wednesday, not Go Here Thursday, so I'm a day behind.

But now it IS Go Here Thursday!
Today's recommended place to go is...


Unless this is the very first of my blog posts that you've ever read, you should have gathered by now that I'm in love with the coast.  Particularly coastal GA.  St. Simon's Island has my name all freaking over it and I promise that one day before I die I will take up permanent residence there.  While I'm real estate shopping (and playing the lottery to afford said real estate...), I visit as often as I can.

Each time I've gone, I've eaten at 4th of May Cafe and I have never been disappointed.  The food is SO GOOD.  Opened by 3 friends who shared the same birthday, The 4th of May is located in the St. Simon's Island Pier Village area.

View Larger Map

My DH loves the Grouper fish sandwich and Marilyn got the "Harvest Cobb Salad" one time- Check this out:


"Fresh mixed greens, diced apples, dried cranberries, plump raisins, crumbled gorgonzola cheese, sunflower seeds & your choice of baked ham or roast turkey. This salad is great with our Raspberry Vinaigrette."


Yum!  I always get "Aunt Helen's Yankee Pot Roast", the "Shrimp Platter" (from local markets!) or the "Chicken Tenders". And the pumpkin muffins.  Those are amazing!
Nom nom nom!!! So tasty.  


The prices are really reasonable too- about the same as Applebee's or Cracker Barrel.  But much better food and excellent service!  If you decide to go, keep in mind that they are very popular, so there may be a short wait and you may want to get there ahead of the lunch and dinner crowds.


Frank the Adventurous Ape has been to 4th of May Cafe!

2 comments:

  1. I need to get a Frank. Well, not a Frank, per se, but something themes along the lines of Frank. I have "Francis, King of the Uber-ducks" around here somewhere..... I guess he will have to start traveling. I just hate that he has already missed out on so many great places....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the Adventures of King Francis! :)
    And that solves one of your "what to write about"s! ;)

    ReplyDelete