Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Feet and a Happy Birthday

Happy Music Monday!

Source


Today is the 60th birthday of legendary bassist Verdine White, who has played with the American R&B band "Earth, Wind & Fire" since 1970.  While the initial popularity of EWF was way before my time, I do remember playing some of their music in band, and my Dad used to tell me stories of doing the same when he was in college and they were the 'in' thing on the radio. :)  (He was born a year before Verdine White, and attended Shorter college from around 1974 - 1977 or 78 (ish).)

One of their hit songs has come back to have even my kids singing along, though.  Here is their 1979 hit "Boogie Wonderland", as covered by a groovy, rocking out flock of celebrity penguins.  :)  Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I love Earth, Wind & Fire! I have their greatest hits CD. And this song is a classic.

    ReplyDelete