Monday, August 22, 2011

J93.3 Update and Prayer Request


Here's an update on the Share-a-thon!  Remember my "Go Here Thursday" post from last week?  (click the link if you don't or haven't seen it!)

When the Share-a-thon ended at 7 PM on Friday, the station had added "over 865 brand new MMMP's and over $311,000 raised!" (via j93.3's Facebook page)  WOW!  God is awesome! :)  If you missed the Share-a-thon but still want to give and/or become an MMMP (More than Music Mission Partner), you can donate online any time.

While this is wonderful news, there was some news from the station this morning that is very sad.  Sheila from the morning show (Sheila and Jerry) has been fighting cancer for some time now, and has been admitted to hospice.  I love her spirit and her personality always got me up and going in the mornings when I was dragging.  (Love you too, Jerry, but you know what I mean!)  Sheila's husband, Jimmy, called in this morning with the news (praise God for giving him the strength for that call!  I know that was hard!) and I just cried.  You can hear it for yourself here at Jerry's blog.

Please pray for Sheila, her husband, her whole family, Jerry, her doctors, and all of her listeners as we wait for the Lord to show us His glory, no matter what that may be.  If He heals her, we will praise Him!  He is still the God of miracles!  If He calls her home to be with Him, we will praise Him, because she will not be suffering!  His ways are higher than our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9) and we must trust Him.

Sheila has already left a precious legacy and shown the light of Christ to so many people.  I hope she has more time with us, but we just have to wait and find out what the Lord is going to do.  Sheila, my family and I love you, and we are praying hard for God's hand to be on you and give you His mighty peace.

Sheila at Lagrange Kia, from the j93.3 website.

No comments:

Post a Comment