Monday, April 16, 2012

No Good Deed

Happy Music Monday and letter "N" on the A-Z!


Blaring my OCR of the hit Broadway musical "Wicked" today as I work in the studio.  This number is beautiful not only in its composition, but in that it represents a pivotal moment of change in the plot.  The final straw, as it were, to Elpheba becoming fully thrust into the identity of "Wicked Witch of the West".
Favorite lyrics:
"...Was I really seeking good? Or just seeking attention? Is that all good deeds are when looked at with an ice cold eye..."
And:
"Sure I meant well, well look at what "well-meant" did!"
(It took me a few tries to master that one while singing along!)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love that one too! SUCH a good song to sing along to. Especially helpful when doing housework, you can get a good bit of energy behind those words ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete