Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Proust Questionnaire (Of Sorts)

I love to watch "Inside the Actor's Studio".  I love learning about actors themselves and their unique creative processes and just generally how they came to play certain roles and characters.  At the end of the interview, they are asked 10 questions.  If you want to know more about this questionnaire, I suggest this article.  (From the article: "Inspired by Bernard Pivot, James Lipton, the host of the TV program Inside the Actors Studio, gives an adapted version of the Proust Questionnaire to some of his guests.")


I've modified it just a little.  #7 on ITAS is "What is your favorite curse word?"  I abhor profanity, so I've chosen to modify the question a bit, but still keep it related to the realms of human speech.  I've also modified question #10, which originally begins with "If heaven exists,".  I know in my heart of hearts that it does, so I've reflected that in my version. :)


  1. What is your favorite word? Ubiquitous.
  2. What is your least favorite word? Impossible.
  3. What turns you on? Bass guitar.
  4. What turns you off? Self-depreciation/low self-esteem.
  5. What sound or noise do you love? An orchestra warming up before an overture.
  6. What sound or noise do you hate? A person clearing their sinuses.  Makes me nauseated!
  7. What word or phrase do you over-use? "I know, right?"
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Professional singer/musician.
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Nurse or embalmer. (*queasy!*)
  10. What would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? "Welcome home."

No comments:

Post a Comment