Saturday, April 21, 2012

Steam Powered Giraffe


Yes, I know I've posted two Music Mondays about these guys already.  That's just not enough!!!
I listen to them every single day.  On repeat.  Because they are made of Awesome.
I've ordered Album One and the Live album.  And a T shirt.  And the DVD that's being released soon.
Check out the trailer and see if you don't run over and pre-order one!

AND I became an Engineer-eteer on Patronism.com, donating $10/month (previously my Swing Dance cover charge money) to help them raise funds to tour, record and do what they do.  (The Spine is very persuasive in this promo...)


I was going to order a mug too, but I'd already pushed my budget to the max. XD
I should have enough time to save some back for their new album "The 2¢ Show" that's coming out next month.  At which point, I will probably go ahead and get that mug. :D

They deserve to succeed.  They are crazy talented and I adore them.
To keep up with their awesomeness, go to their website.
To help them continue their awesomeness, become an Engineer-eteer! (You get exclusive treats through this program!  I'm enjoying a track off the new album before it's even out, and there are chords and art and videos and other amazing stuff to be had when you join!)
I want them to come to Atlanta soooooo baaaaaadddddly!

Here are 3 more of my favorite videos/songs/awesomeness.  Enjoy!

Brass Goggles: This song sort of explains the automatons' origins.  And features sing-along lyrics.  Sorta.

Ju Ju Magic has wicked cool bass playing by The Spine, amazing guitar and vocals by The Jon, and Rabbit on the melodica.  LOVE.

One of their performances in Balboa Park, this clip shows a parody of Bobby Darin's song "Mack the Knife" that involves the noms of the Golden Arches, and also Rabbit getting rather worked up at The Spine.  Hilarity ensues! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny - that rocked! I have not seen these guys but I watched each clip with delight and I will have them on my radar now!

    Thanks for sharing them with us!

    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete