Saturday, April 28, 2012

You'll Need Tissues

My Y post today is for Yahweh.
God Almighty, Who loves with such a love that we can't even comprehend it fully.
Jehovah, the Lord.
(For a beautiful list of names of God from the scriptures, go here.)

This song makes me cry, because it is so beautiful and I think singing Hallelujah is the closest thing we have to being able to thank Him for all He blesses us with.  But the song also deals with the heartbreak of being human and how turning to God after being wounded and broken beyond repair is our only source of healing.  So bittersweet.

These lyrics give me goosepimples:
I did my best, it wasn't much/ I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong/ I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah


Grab some Kleenex.  Give a listen.  Let your heart be moved.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to find your site. Love it! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jenny - one of my fave songs - interesting new wording on that last verse - I had to have a listen. Lx

    ReplyDelete