Saturday, October 20, 2012

UGA vs UK


I had a very busy Saturday that included getting everything prepped for making a ton of apple-flavored- whatever from the bushel of apples I brought back from our trip to N. GA last weekend, sewing more stock for the Nov. 3rd arts show that's approaching way too quickly, and finally caving in, even though it was getting late, and actually making the first apple thing on my list- WASSAIL. (Mmmmm!)

So I didn't catch most of the game and relied mostly on friends' Facebook updates and an SEC mobile app to keep me posted on the score.  GA was down 7-14 at the start of the 2nd quarter (NO!), got their act together and got the lead by halftime (YES!) and held on through the rest of the game to win it 29-24 Final. (YAY!!!)

Next week it's WLOCP (World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party)- The big game against the Fla Gators.  While a lot of people I know hold this to be the biggest "rivalry game" with all manner of trash talk and hoopla, I'm rather indifferent.  As I've already explained, my energies and fandom are super concentrated during the face off against Tennessee (Done and won this year- I LOVE YOU, My Bulldogs!) and Auburn (still to come in 3 weeks time).  So the GA/FL game... of course I want my Bulldogs to win, but I'm not going to be hanging on the edge of my seat about it.

Auburn Note: Another loss.  Vandy beat the Tigers 17-13.  Well, dang.  This is just not a good year to be hollering "War Eagle". :(  Kind of makes me feel bad about rooting for GA on Nov 10.  (But only just.  :P )

No comments:

Post a Comment